CHED-SIKAP Scholarship – The application guide for SIKAP Full-time and Part-Time Grant 2022.
SIKAP or the Scholarship for Instructors’ Knowledge Advancement Program offers opportunities for HEI- Higher Education Institution teaching personnel and the former HEI teaching personnel looking to advance their studies in some of the identified colleges as universities in the Philippines.
To be eligible to the CHED-SIKAP scholarship 2022, here are eligibility criteria;
- You must be a Filipino citizen.
- You need to be employed as a Teaching Personnel in a Higher Education Institution, or you have been employed as a Teaching Personal in the past twelve months while applying for the scholarship.
- You should not hold any management or administrative position.
- You should be holding any full-time job in a government agency or any private company that is not HEI.
- As a full-time scholar, you will need to commit to taking the program on the full-time study.
- In case you are employed, with proof/commitment from your employer to release you for a full-time study, you will have to be removed from administrative or teaching responsibilities for the scholarship duration.
- As a part-time scholar, you will need to commit to at least twenty hours of work per week or twelve teaching load units.
- In case you are admitted to eligible graduate program;
- You will have to take the program vertically articulated to your teaching discipline.
- You should not possess a degree for the degree being pursued.
- If you cannot pursue the degree being articulated to your discipline, you will remain eligible once you provide strong justification.
- You must be of an age that will permit you to render significant return service once you obtain the graduate degree. These rules guide it;
- When admitted for a Master’s degree, you have to be over 52 years of age when applying.
- When admitted for a Doctorate degree, you have to be over 50 years of age when applying.
- Exceptions will only be considered when offered by Commission En Banc.
- When applying for this scholarship, you must not be on any other scholarship funded by the government.
- You have to be committed to go through and complete your degree program requirement in the stipulated time.
- You shouldn’t have any relative up to a fourth-degree of affinity or consanguinity to a CHED employee at CHED RO (Regional Office) where the application process is taking place.
- Commission En Banc will only exempt you based on the case-to-case basis.
THE IMPLEMENTATION MODEL
|HEI MODEL||INDIVIDUAL MODEL|
|Grantee might pursue a graduate program that CHED-partner HEI provides.||Grantee might pursue graduate program that is provided by an eligible HEI (referring to the CMO 12 series 2018-2019)|
|Tuition, along with other fees, is done through the billing process.||Tuition, along with other fees, will be released to individual grantees using a reimbursement basis.|
|Incentives such as living allowance will be released on an individual basis.||Incentives such as living allowance will be on an individual basis.|
QUALIFICATION AND THE SELECTION PROCESS
1. Commission will release a call for the application.
2. As an applicant, you will have to submit your documents to CHED RO or DHEI (Delivering HEI) using the implementation model.
3. Commission will evaluate and then approve a final list of all successful applicants.
4. You will have to communicate your acceptance once you succeed.
Required documents include;
- An application form
- Your CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- Employment Certificate.
- Eligibility statement and undertaking.
- A recommendation form.
- Passport or Birth Certificate.
- Proof of Admission to Eligible HEI or DHEI.
- A record of a transcript.
- A Re-entry action plan.
- A government-issued identification.
- A Release form.
FINANCIAL PRIVILEGES ALONG WITH INCENTIVES
1. You need to check on eligibility criteria.
2. Apply via link below this article:
- Get an application number.
- Download a generated application form along with the CV.
- Send to link along with the application number to the referee.
3. Scan your documents and upload them to the application portal.
4. Submit your scholarship package;
- Submit to DHEI for the DHEI model
- Send to CHED RO for an individual model.