The long wait is over! The applicants of the DOST-SEI undergraduate scholarship may now submit their E-Application as the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) announced on Friday, Oct. 22, that its Science Education Institute (SEI) started accepting applications for the 2022 Undergraduate Scholarships.
In the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic, DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarships Program aims to stimulate and entice talented Filipino youths to pursue lifetime productive careers in science and technology. These fields will ensure a steady, adequate supply of qualified S&T human resources which can steer the country towards national progress. The scholarship program also aims to push for knowledge-driven development through S&T human resource advancement.
Types of Scholarships
|The DOST-SEI Merit Scholarship Program, formerly known as the NSDB or NSTA Scholarship under RA No. 2067, is awarded to students with high aptitude in science and mathematics and are willing to pursue careers in the fields of science and technology.||Republic Act No. 7687, also known as the “Science and Technology Scholarship Act of 1994”, provides for scholarships to talented and deserving students whose families’ socio-economic status does not exceed the set cut-off values of certain indicators. Qualifiers must pursue priority fields of study in the basic sciences, engineering, other applied sciences, and science and mathematics teaching.|
|A. Regular Academic Year|
|Tuition and other school fees (for scholars enrolled in private HEIs)||₱40,000.00 / year|
|Book Allowance||₱10,000.00 / year|
|Monthly Living Allowance||₱7,000.00 / month|
|Clothing Allowance||₱1,000 (1st Sem of 1st Year only)|
|Transportation Allowance(for those studying outside of home province)||1 economy-class roundtrip fare|
|Group Health and Accident Insurance||Premium|
|B. Summer Allowance (if required in the curriculum)|
|Tuition and other school fees||₱1,500.00|
|Book Allowance||₱500.00 (to submit Official Receipt)|
|Monthly Living Allowance||₱7,000.00 / month for two months|
Programs Covered by the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarships
- Bachelor in Mathematics Education
- Bachelor in Technology and Livelihood Education with Specialization in Information and Communications
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- BS Aeronautical Engineering
- BS Aerospace Engineering
- BS Agribusiness
- BS Agribusiness Management
- BS Agribusiness Management and Entrepreneurship
- BS Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- BS Agricultural Biotechnology1
- BS Agricultural Chemistry
- BS Agricultural Economics
- BS Agricultural Engineering
- BS Agricultural Technology
- BS Agriculture
- BS Animal Husbandry
- BS Animal Science
- BS Applied Mathematics
- BS Applied Mathematics major in Mathematical Finance2
- BS Applied Physics
- BS Applied Physics with Applied Computer System
- BS Applied Physics with Materials Science and Engineering
- BS Applied Statistics
- BS Architecture
- BS Astronomy
- BS Astronomy Technology
- BS Basic Medical Sciences6
- BS Biochemistry
- BS Biology
- BS Biology for Teachers
- BS Biotechnology
- BS Ceramics Engineering
- BS Chemical Engineering
- BS Chemistry
- BS Chemistry for Teachers
- BS Chemistry with Applied Computer Systems
- BS Chemistry with Materials Science and Engineering
- BS Civil Engineering
- BS Clothing Technology
- BS Community Nutrition
- BS Computer Engineering
- BS Computer Science
- BS Electrical Engineering
- BS Electronics and Communications Engineering
- BS Electronics Engineering
- BS Environmental Science
- BS Fisheries
- BS Food Science and Technology
- BS Food Technology
- BS Forestry
- BS Geodetic Engineering
- BS Geography
- BS Geology
- BS Geothermal Engineering
- BS Health Science
- BS Human Biology5
- BS Industrial Design
- BS Industrial Engineering
- BS Industrial Management Engineering-Information Technology3
- BS Industrial Pharmacy
- BS Information and Communications Technology
- BS Information System
- BS Information Technology
- BS Information Technology Systems
- BS Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- BS Life Sciences
- BS Management Information Systems2
- BS Manufacturing Engineering
- BS Manufacturing Engineering-Management-Biomedical Engineering3
- BS Manufacturing Engineering-Management-Mechatronics and Robotics3
- BS Marine Biology
- BS Marine Science
- BS Materials Engineering
- BS Mathematics
- BS Mathematics and Science Teaching
- BS Mathematics for Teachers
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- BS Mechatronics Engineering
- BS Medical Laboratory Science
- BS Medical Technology
- BS Metallurgical Engineering
- BS Meteorology
- BS Microbiology
- BS Mining Engineering
- BS Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- BS Nutrition
- BS Nutrition and Dietetics
- BS Packaging Engineering
- BS Petroleum Engineering
- BS Pharmaceutical Sciences
- BS Pharmacy (4-year program)
- BS Pharmacy major in Clinical Pharmacy (5-year program)
- BS Physics
- BS Physics for Teachers
- BS Psychology
- BS Public Health
- BS Speech Pathology
- BS Statistics
- BSE Biological Sciences
- BSE Biology
- BSE Biology-Chemistry4
- BSE Chemistry
- BSE General Sciences
- BSE Mathematics
- BSE Physical Sciences
- BSE Physics
- BSE Physics-Chemistry4
- BSE Physics-Mathematics4
- BSE Science
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
1 UP System only
2 4yrs, ADMU only
3 DLSU only
4 4yrs, USC only
5 3yrs, DLSU only
6 4 yrs, UPM only
University of the Philippines
State Universities and Colleges
Private Institutions that are recognized by CHED as Centers of Excellence or Centers of Development or has FAAP Level III accreditation for the priority S&T programs of study
Who can Apply?
- Graduating Grade 12 male and female students in SY 2021-2022:
- STEM STRAND: All students belonging to the STEM class
- NON-STEM STRAND: Must be in the top 5% of the graduating class, if belonging to the Non-STEM strand
- Must have grades in Grades 9, 10, and 11.
- Must be natural-born Filipino citizen.
- Must be of good moral character and in good health.
- May have taken the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship Examination but did not qualify for the scholarship; OR may have qualified for the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship but did not avail of the award.
- Must NOT have earned any post-secondary units.
Also Apply - Dost Scholarship
When to Apply?
|Start of Online Application Period||October 22, 2021|
|Last Day of Online Application and Uploading of Requirements||November 30, 2021|
Valid Email Address
Applicants must provide their valid email address for successfully logging in to your application account and for receiving notifications about your application status and results.
- Please make sure that the email address you intend to register in order to file your application has not been compromised in a data breach. Click here to verify.
- To ensure security of your data, you are encouraged to use secured e-mail accounts preferably one that has two-step verification.
- You will be advised the status of your application and other announcements relative to your application through the email account that you use during registration.
Working Mobile Number/s
Applicants must provide their working mobile number by which they can be contacted relative to their application.
Security of Access Credentials
You will be assigned an Application ID. This, with pertinent personal data, shall serve as your access credential to the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship E-Application System. Please keep your access credentials secure.
For More Philippines Scholarships – Click Here
No to Multiple Accounts!
Creating multiple accounts is prohibited. This action will cause a delay in accessing your application form.
Stable Internet Connection
Make sure to have a stable internet connection when you are ready to fill out your E-Application and the documents that needed to be uploaded.
Documents Need to Prepare for the E-Application
|1||Certificate of Good Moral Character||C|
|2||Certificate of Good Health||D|
*Applicant belongs to the graduating Grade 12 senior high school-STEM strand class
*Applicant belongs to the upper 5% of the graduating Grade 12 senior high – NON-STEM strand class
|4||Certificate of Residency||F|
|5||Parent’s Certification – Applicant has no pending immigration application to another country||G|
|6||Applicant’s Certification Re- Not a DOST Scholar prior to this application||H|
|7||Signed Declaration of Applicant and the Parent/Legal Guardian||I|
|8||Certified Copy of Permanent Student Record (Form 137) or Report Card (Form 138) for Grades 9, 10 and 11|
|9||Recent picture, passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches)|
|11||Parent/s or Legal Guardian’s 2020 Income Tax Return / BIR Form 1701 / Employment Contract for OFW / BIR Certificate of Exemption from Filing of ITR / Certificate of Indigency / Certificate of Employment with Compensation / Proof of Pension|
|For Documents 1 to 7|
|1. Download these forms here|
2. Print each form in a size A4 bond paper.
3. Have these forms accomplished by the proper authorities/ officials/ persons as indicated in each form.
4. Make sure that each form is signed.
5. Scan or take picture of each accomplished form and save the file.
6. Name each file: (Surname-Form __) when saving it.
7. Submit each form using the Upload Module in the E-Application System. Use the appropriate upload field for each file.
|For Document 8|
|Must be duly signed by the School Principal/University Registrar|
|For Document 9|
|* Must show the face of the Applicant, 80% of the picture|
* Must be colored, with white background
* With the name tag position at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm below the chin): Full name, handwritten- First Name,
* Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name, if any (e.g. JUAN C. DELA CRUZ, JR.), and signature over printed name
* Taken within the last three (3) months prior to the filing of the application
|For Document 10|
|* Readable copy.|
* May be issued by the PSA, NSO, or the Municipal Registry Office
|For Document 11|
|* Clear, signed copy.|
* Annual Gross Income must be clearly indicated in the document.
* The particular document depends on the parent’s class of worker.
Information You Should Know Before Filing Your E-Application
- Father’s Annual Gross Income
- Mother’s Annual Gross Income
- If Legal Guardian is supporting Applicant, Legal Guardian’s Annual Gross Income
- If family receives contribution from outside source: the giver, the amount of the contribution and the purpose of the contribution
- If family owns agricultural land: how many hectares
- If family owns vehicle: type, year and model
- Type: Ex. tricycle, passenger jeep, owner jeep, car, van
- Year and Model: Ex. 2020 Toyota Revo
For More Philippines Scholarships – Click Here
Steps in Filing Out the E-Application
Prepare all the necessary documents; scan or have pictures of these and make sure to have a stable internet connection before filling. When you have these, you are now ready to access the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarships E-Application System.