WHO CAN APPLY?
- Graduating Grade 12 male and female students in SY 2021-2022:
- STEM STRAND: All students belonging to the STEM class
- NON-STEM STRAND: Must be in the top 5% of the graduating class, if belonging to the Non-STEM strand
- Must have grades in Grades 9, 10, and 11.
- Must be natural-born Filipino citizen.
- Must be of good moral character and in good health.
- May have taken the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship Examination but did not qualify for the scholarship; OR may have qualified for the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship but did not avail of the award.
- Must NOT have earned any post-secondary units.
WHEN TO APPLY?
|Start of Online Application Period||22 October 2021|
|Last Day of Online Application and Uploading of Requirements||30 November 2021|
Valid Email Address
You will need a valid email address for logging in to your application account and for receiving notifications about your application status and results.
- Please make sure that the email address you intend to register in order to file your application has not been compromised in a data breach. Click here to verify.
- To ensure security of your data, you are encouraged to use secured e-mail accounts preferably one that has two-step verification.
- You will be advised the status of your application and other announcements relative to your application through the email account that you use during registration.
Working Mobile Number/s
Please provide a working mobile number by which you can be contacted should there be a need to, relative to your application.
Security of Access Credentials
You will be assigned an Application ID. This, with pertinent personal data, shall serve as your access credential to the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship E-Application System. Please keep your access credentials secure.
No to Multiple Accounts!
Do not create multiple accounts. These will cause delay in accessing your application form.
Stable Internet Connection
When you are ready with all the information you need to fill out your E-Application and the documents that needed to be uploaded, make sure you have a stable internet connection.
DOCUMENTS TO PREPARE PRIOR TO FILING YOUR E-APPLICATION
|1||Certificate of Good Moral Character||C||1. Download these forms here|
2. Print each form in a size A4 bond paper.
3. Have these forms accomplished by the proper authorities/ officials/ persons as indicated in each form.
4. Make sure that each form is signed.
5. Scan or take picture of each accomplished form and save file.
6. Name each file: (Surname-Form __) when saving it.
7. Submit each form using the Upload Module in the E-Application System. Use the appropriate upload field for each file.
|2||Certificate of Good Health||D|
|3||Principal’s Certification||Applicant belongs to the graduating Grade 12 senior high school-STEM strand class||E1|
|Applicant belongs to the upper 5% of the graduating Grade 12 senior high – NON-STEM strand class||E2|
|4||Certificate of Residency||F|
|5||Parent’s Certification – Applicant has no pending immigration application to another country||G|
|6||Applicant’s Certification Re- Not a DOST Scholar prior to this application||H|
|7||Signed Declaration of Applicant and the Parent/Legal Guardian||I|
|8||Certified Copy of Permanent Student Record (Form 137) or Report Card (Form 138) for Grades 9, 10 and 11||Must be duly signed by the School Principal/University Registrar|
|9||Recent picture, passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches)||Must show face of the Applicant, 80% of the pictureMust be colored, with white backgroundWith the name tag position at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm below the chin): Full name, handwritten- First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name, if any (e.g. JUAN C. DELA CRUZ, JR.), and signature over printed nameTaken within the last three (3) months prior to filing of application|
|10||Birth Certificate||Readable copy.May be issued by the PSA, NSO or the Municipal Registry Office|
|11||Parent/s or Legal Guardian’s 2020 Income Tax Return / BIR Form 1701 / Employment Contract for OFW / BIR Certificate of Exemption from Filing of ITR / Certificate of Indigency / Certificate of Employment with Compensation / Proof of Pension||Clear, signed copy.Annual Gross Income must be clearly indicated in the document.The particular document depends on the parent’s class of worker.|
WHAT INFORMATION SHOULD YOU KNOW BEFORE FILING YOUR E-APPLICATION?
- Father’s Annual Gross Income
- Mother’s Annual Gross Income
- If Legal Guardian is supporting Applicant, Legal Guardian’s Annual Gross Income
- If family receives contribution from outside source: the giver, the amount of the contribution and the purpose of the contribution
- If family owns agricultural land: how many hectares
- If family owns vehicle: type, year and model
- Type: Ex. tricycle, passenger jeep, owner jeep, car, van
- Year and Model: Ex. 2020 Toyota Revo
STEPS IN FILLING OUT THE DOST-SEI UNDERGRADUATE E-APPLICATION :
When you have all the necessary documents; completely accomplished and scanned or have pictures of these; and know the above-mentioned information, you are now ready to access the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarships E-Application System.
When filling out the information required, please make sure that the names and the words are spelled correctly and completely.
Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
|STEP 1||Register using a valid e-mail address. An email will be sent to you for verification.|
|STEP 2||Answer the questions in the Eligibility Module that can be accessed to the link provided in the email sent to you.|
If you are not eligible to apply for the scholarship, you will receive a Notice of Disqualification in your email.
|STEP 3||If you are eligible to apply for the scholarship, you can proceed to the next modules:Personal DataContact InformationFamily DataFinancial ContributionHousehold Information QuestionnaireSchool and GradesUpload DocumentsThe system accepts .jpeg, .png, .bmp, and .pdf file types onlyThe system accepts multiple files up to 5MB per upload.|
Ex. You took a photo of each of the 3 pages of your Form 137. As a result, you need to upload 3 different files for the same requirement. To upload it, you need to click the Upload File button and select all the files to be submitted.After selecting the files, a preview is also available for you to see if you have selected the correct and complete files. Once you are sure that you have selected the correct and complete files, you may now click the Upload button.You may press the Preview button to check the files you submitted after uploading it. If you have uploaded an incorrect file or incomplete files, you need to repeat the uploading process and upload the correct and complete files to overwrite the previously uploaded document/s.
|STEP 4||Make sure that you have accomplished all the modules completely with true information and correct spellings and uploaded all the required documents before you press the SUBMIT button. You can no longer make any change in the information you provided in your application once submitted.|
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SCHOLARSHIP QUALIFIERS
Check the SEI website: https://sei.dost.gov.ph for the announcements of the scholarship qualifiers sometime in May 2022. If you qualify for the scholarship, you will be sent the Notice of Award through your registered email address.