State pension fund Government Service Insurance System is now accepting applications for the GSIS Educational Subsidy Program (GESP) until September 10. Under the program, GSIS will grant a yearly P10,000 educational assistance to 10,000 members’ children or dependents who are in college.
The grantees will receive a Php10,000 yearly financial assistance from GSIS until they finish their college course provided they maintain a general weighted average of 80%with no failing grade or incomplete mark in any subject.
Qualifications for GESP?
- Children or family members of active GSIS contributors
- Grantees should be college students at any year level (with a four-year or five-year course and enrolled in any CHED-recognized school) without any scholarship from a public or private organization.
- Parents have permanent employment status and are within the salary grade 24 (or its equivalent) and below.
- Have no underpaid or unpaid loan amortization for more than 3 months
Applicants must submit an affidavit stating that the students are not recipients of any other educational or financial assistance program (including the GSIS Scholarship program) for the duration of the grant; a school certification stating the student’s course, year level, and the duration of the course and that the student is accepted or enrolled during the current academic year; and a report card or school certification indicating that the general weighted average of the applicant’s dependent is at least 80% with no failing grade and incomplete mark incurred in any subject.
Requirements for GESP?
To apply for the GESP SY grant, here are the documents you should submit:
- Student’s birth certificate.
- Certificate of registration of grades
- Certificate from a college verifying that you are enrolled or accepted during the current academic year and which indicates your course, the duration of your course, and your year level.
- Grade of at least 80% with no incomplete or failed ratings in any subject within the previous year.
- Certificate of employment or service record (if applicable).
- Properly filled out GESP application form.
How to apply for GESP?
- Once done, send a copy of the application form and other documents mentioned above in the Nearest GSIS Office or in a Drop Box.